Brovo’s Style Guru Tim Gunn
Tim Gunn’s must have 10 basic wardrobe pieces and a bonus must have that every stylish woman should have in her wardrobe. These basic wardrobe pieces are timeless and great clothing investments.
Are These in Your Closet?
1. Basic Black Dress – The basic black dress has been around for a long time. It is often called the “Little Black Dress.”
2. Trench Coat – The trench coat is one of the pieces that is both classic and currently a hot fashion item.
3. Classic Dress Pants – Although it doesn’t say black, this is probably what you want to look for. Black is flattering on all figures and goes with everything.
4. White Shirt – The white shirt is a definite classic. But it comes in many different styles. Find one that accentuates your best attributes and minimizes trouble spots.
5. Jeans – Everyone has a pair of jeans, but does everyone have a pair of jeans that make them look great?
6. Cashmere Sweater – This is one item probably not many people own. But including it forces people to buy a piece of clothing that is high quality and that is also a luxury item. Having a cashmere sweater in your closet is like giving a gift to yourself. And aren’t you worth it?
7. Skirt – If you need dress pants then you also need a skirt. A skirt is womanly and can be flirty or businesslike.
8. Day Dress – Women are not wearing as many dresses anymore. But the dress does not have to be abandoned altogether. Dresses can be very flattering, and there is nothing wrong with “dressing up” for daytime.
9. Blazer – The blazer sounds very masculine, but when you get the right one with a proper shape it is not. Women’s blazers should follow the silhouette of a woman’s body and accent the hourglass curve at her waist. It is also a perfect piece to put with the skirt or dress pants, and white shirt. Or make it casual with a pair of jeans.
10. Sweat Suit Alternative – As mentioned before, women wear fewer skirts and dresses these days. But some women have taken casual to the extreme and spend days on end in sweat suits. It is possible to be casual and comfortable without looking like a slob. Find a comfortable material (that’s why this doesn’t say jeans again – denim is not as comfortable as a nice soft cotton) that you would want to wear every day. It could be khakis, cords, a cotton dress, or much more.
Bonus: One Trendy Clothing Item