A silk scarf is a hip outfit accent. It has always been in style with stylish women around the Globe. French women have a wardrobe of silk scarves to accessorize their outfits. Silk scarves are versatile and can rock a modest wardrobe with color and patterns. Plus designer scarves are priced competitively being affordable to many.
This season designers are making the scarf hip by dressing models in outfits incorporating scarves or wearing scarves as accessories. Models wore turbans that look like knotted headscarf at Marc Jacobs runway show. Balenciaga’s models floated down the runway with long daisey-pattern scarves threaded through chokers. Online boutiques are stocking up on designer scarves from Versace, Etro, Marc Jacobs and Balenciaga expecting sales to soar.
Scarves can be styled in many ways such as headbands, headscarf, tied around necks in numerous ways, tied on a ponytail, tied around a handbag or ponytail. Large scarves can be worn as halter tops with pants or skirts.
8 Tips on choosing and wearing scarves:
1. Choose a scarf that will enhance your outfit.
2. Choose colors that complement your skin and what you are wearing.
3. Consider the size/proportion of the scarf.
4. Print scarves look good with solid color clothes.
5. Solid color scarves work well with print clothing.
6. Get a sophisticated look by wearing a slightly darker or lighter scarf with a solid color outfit.
7. Mix textures for a more interesting look.
8. The most versatile scarf is a long and thin scarf.