Nail Care Tips for Maintaining Healthy and Beautiful Nails
A regular nail care routine is essential for beautiful and healthy nails. Looking good has to do with good grooming and the proper nail care is essential. The most important thing next to a good manicure is keeping your cuticles moisturized. A good time to moisture is at bedtime. More nail care tips:
- Regular nail care helps us maintain healthy nails. Healthy nails are beautiful and they help us perform daily tasks. Always moisturize after washing hands and apply nail polish occasionally to protect your nails.
- A healthy diet helps to ensure healthy nails.
- Nails exposed to water and/or irritating substances can split and/or peel.
- Use gloves for protection against irritants.
- Wear shoes that fit properly to avoid ingrown toenails.
- Wear slippers when in public showers, pools and/or locker room areas to prevent fungal infections.
- The best time to push back your cuticles on fingers and toes is when they are wet and soft.
- Do not break the seal between your nail and your skin when clipping cuticles or infections may occur.
- Clip or cut toe nails straight across.
- When choosing a nail salon look at cleanliness.
- Manicure and pedicure tools and implements must be properly sterilized. When you visit a nail salon you can bring your own nail tools to be safe.