Holiday chic is festive and an excuse to dress up big time. If you can find something in your drawers and / or closet you can save time and money so don’t panic, shop your closet. The trends below have been around for a while and continue to be strong for holiday 2016.
1. Florals (garden motifs) grounded in black are very “in style”. Florals were hot this summer and continue to be popular this winter. If you want to have a trendy look this holiday season, wear something floral. A major statement would be a floral dress but a floral evening bag, fascinator or floral shoes will give you an up-to-date look.
2. Luxurious fabrics like lace, velvet, brocade or satin are magical holiday favorites. Whether you want to look glamorous and sweet, or sexy and alluring an outfit in a luxurious fabric or combination of several luxurious fabrics says special occasion. When a fabric is fancy like lace or brocade clothing in simple designs are most chic. Black velvet can be very slimming and sensual but dark jewel tone velvets are great for holiday get to gethers too.
3. Sheer fabrics have been very hot but can be tricky to wear. A lot depends on your figure, the style of the outfit and where the sheer fabrics are located on the outfit. Outfits with transparent fabrics give the fashion diva a sexy look. They can look great on females of any age when the sheer fabrics are strategically located. If you feel good when you wear an outfit and it looks great on you, go for it.
4. Bare midriffs are sexy and look great on slim or young females. Avoid if you are over 30 or have a thick mid section. Never wear any trend unless it is flattering on you.
5. Sparkles (sequins and metallics) are a huge holiday trend. Any sparkly clothing whether a skirt, pants, jacket or dress is a statement piece. One statement piece is enough for any outfit. Always combine sparkly separetes with simple clothing and accessories. Sparkly dresses are elegant but should be worn with simple style jewelry and accessories. Never go head-to-toe in sparkles. A little sparkle goes a long way.