Hair color is exciting and can communicate energy, enthusiasm and a youthful attitude. Almost everywhere you go these days someone passes by with color in their hair. Some gals are going all the way with full heads of bold hair color, such as orange, green or purple, to transform themselves. Or many fashion divas are adding areas of color or color art to their dos for fun.
The way to add color to your hair varies from a total dye job to spraying or chalking colors to an area or areas of your hair, etc. Colors can be permanent or removable after a shampoo. If you have the right attitude women of any age can go crazy or add a little color to their hair.
Tips for a gals wanting to experiment with color from Karla, a colorist, at MadisonReed Color Bar
1. Do your research before doing any color and see how it is possible specifically for you.
2. Use gentle products that can keep the integrity of your hair.
3. Stay within 2-3 shades of your natural color to start.
4. It is easier to go from Light to Dark, than Dark to Light.
5. If you see any unwanted brassy/red tones, you can neutralize with ash or violet based products oh and
6. Always read the instructions.
When to see a colorist is completely optional… Some ladies love to try new colors, some like to cover grays, some don’t want to come in at all. Typically people will come in when they have previously colored their hair and their natural growth starts to come in, about 1-2inches which can grow in about 6-8 weeks since their last color.
Fall 2017 Hair Color Trend
For professional results visit or consult a colorist.