5 Tips to Keep in Mind When Planning Your Wedding
1. Start planning your wedding early and send your guests a save the date card. You’ll want to give your guests at least six months notice to block the date, make travel arrangements and schedule vacation time. There are many “Do it Yourself” versions to make it fun and personal to the type of wedding you are having.
2. Hire a wedding coordinator, especially if you are planning a destination wedding. Having a local representative is key to ensure you have the “best of the best” when it comes to vendors and at a negotiated price. The knowledge and expertise a local coordinator offers not only provides you a savings that essentially pays for her fee, but also allows you to be in the moment with friends and family so you enjoy every second without worrying about the details.
3. If you can dream it, you can do it. With the current economic times, weddings don’t always mean small, simple, and casual. With the right coordinator by your side, just about anything is possible.
4. Set up a separate e-mail account and wedding website (free versions are available) as a source of information for your guests. The wedding website address is should be noted on the save the date card sent to guests. This website can be updated regularly as the planning happens and allows you to have all the information in one spot (hotel room blocks, wedding location, timing). It is also a great source for restaurant recommendations, activities, etc.
5. Create a weekend itinerary to provide all guests when they arrive. This will provide comfort to them that they know the when, where and how for the wedding weekend and activities. Include as part of a “welcome gift” upon arrival.