5 Basic Panty Styles
There are 5 basic panty styles and numerous variations on shape. Finding the right size, style and comfortable fit of panties is most important. Trial and error will help you determine which panty shape is the best for you.
1) Thongs are sexy and have become mainstream staples. They are more comfortable to wear now because of improved design and fabrications. With tighter and clinging fabrics they are a must. Thongs come in all shapes and styles. Styles having a flat panel that lies smoothly against your body are the most comfortable.
2) Briefs come in full coverage, boyshorts or hipsters and high-cut leg styles. The waistband is at the waist or just below the waist and provides full back coverage. A brief can have a high cut leg.
3) Bikinis have waistbands below the belly button. They can be high cut or have a sting that connects front and back. Back coverage varies depending on style.
4) Hipsters are considered low-rise. They sit below the hips and look great with low-rise clothing.
5) G–strings have a triangular front panel with a string up the back and on the sides. G-strings have less coverage than thong style panties.
When it comes to building a panty wardrobe keep in mind that the 3 basic panty shapes are: bikinis, briefs and thongs. It is fun to have a variety of styles, colors and fabrics. Be sure you have a few panties in nude color for under white and light-colored clothing. Seamless pants are especially chic under thin fabrics. Whatever styles you choose purchase panties with cotton crotches.